Sitting in a coffee house working on your latest business proposal? Meeting friends at a ball game? Hanging out at a county fair, farmers market, or car show? Going to a parade, music event, or art festival in a park? You can help put Libertarian Party candidates on the November 4, 2014, general election ballot!
Candidates for statewide offices need 1,500 valid signatures on a nomination petition to be on the ballot. Fewer signatures are needed for offices elected by district. A valid signature is that of a person eligible to vote in Iowa on November 4, 2014.
The Libertarian Party is the fastest-growing party in Iowa. But, we’re still small and need a larger percentage of our supporters helping us get signatures for our candidates to be on the general election ballot. Even if all you are comfortable doing is asking a few friends or colleagues to sign a nominating petition, that will help.
If you enjoy crowds and talking with people, we can use volunteers to help gather signatures at events. Some of the LPIA’s county affiliates are organizing petition drives and you are encouraged to reach out to those groups. If you would like, you may print off a nominating petition from the options below and gather signatures on your own.
A few things to remember when gathering signatures:
* Use a separate petition sheet for each county’s residents.
* Petitions need to be returned to the LPIA or the candidate by August 1, 2014.
* Petitions may be returned to: LPIA, PO Box 480, Des Moines, IA 50302.
* If you would like tips on how to gather signatures, click here.
* If you have any questions or are interested in other volunteer activities to support the LPIA, contact email@example.com.
Thank you for your support and remember to vote Libertarian Party on November 4, 2014!